Friday, April 30, 2010

Recent UK trip


Before the problems with the volcanic ash from Iceland I managed a brief trip to the UK. I visited my cousin in Oxford and she had this turned wood item hanging in her kitchen all the way from BC. The picture is a Haida representation of the beaver. This is a commercial tourist product but still very nice. Little chewed around the edges by my cousin's two parrots.

Oxford is so full of wonderful architecture and I am sure this picture has been snapped many times. I think this may be part of the library but will be happy to be corrected.

Also went to Jamie Oliver's restaurant where I had an excellent lunch.

And of course one gets around on the "tube" in London. Thankfully I had an Ipod to help navigate my way to various stations.

No comments:

Post a Comment